WATCHCHRONO is a site for connecting people through the means of advertisements, sellers and buyers in all that concerns new, second hand or collection watches and timepieces.
Easy and quick to use, WATCHCHRONO allows sellers / buyers the greatest freedom inasmuch as it is only an intermediary and does not intend, in any case whatsoever, to intervene in negotiation processes engaged between its users.
Registration to WATCHCHRONO services is not limited.
These General Conditions regulate the use of the site and WATCHCHRONO services.
1. Use of WATCHCHRONO services
3. WATCHCHRONO's responsibility
4. Ethical code
5. Various stipulations
WATCHCHRONO reserves the right to modify these General Conditions that are applicable to all operations of any kind, regulated by the intermediary of this Internet site, at any time.
The date of the latest modifications to the General Conditions is effective on July 1, 2009.
1. Use of WATCHCHRONO services
WATCHCHRONO is a site for connecting sellers and buyers of every new or second-hand watch-making product and timepieces.
These connections are carried out by depositing sellers' / buyers' advertisements.
1.1 Conditions for use
WATCHCHRONO services are reserved for people legally competent to subscribe to contracts under Monegasque law. The services are not available for minors under 18 years old. If you do not fill these conditions, you must not use these services, and WATCHCHRONO cannot in any way be held responsible.
Furthermore, you are not allowed to use these services if your subscription has been temporarily or permanently suspended.
Finally, your WATCHCHRONO subscription and your pseudonym cannot be transferred or given to a third party, in any way or any form.
1.2 Editing an advertisement
Subscription procedure consists of the seller / buyer editing the terms of his advertisement, then supplying the site owner with all the useful information regarding his offer as if he were a possible buyer.
Moreover, and specifically for the seller, the subscription procedure requires that he precisely points out, and honestly, the quality and technical specificities (brand name, price, possible modifications carried out on the object, or any other characteristics, if there are any) of the object to be sold.
All the objects put on sale must be in the appropriate category. Only the seller is responsible for the choice of category in which he wishes to put his advertisement. Referencing of an advertisement by a seller in a given category can in no way be interpreted as a WATCHCHRONO guarantee on the authenticity, characteristics or origin of the sold object.
1.3 Subscription methods
The procedure for subscribing to WATCHCHRONO consists of supplying the owner of the site with all the useful information on the user's personal situation (personal or professional names, address, etc.).
The new user will register a pseudonym, and his own password to assure confidentiality and secure future transactions.
The seller's and buyer's personal or professional names and address will be exchanged between the parties by e-mail.
Validation of the subscription procedure applies to the full and unreserved acceptance of WATCHCHRONO's General Conditions.
2.1 Methods of setting prices
1 credit = 1 advertisement for 30 days.
IMPORTANT : Every ACTIVE advertisement will be automatically republished for 30 days period. (Within limit of your credits available)
4 set-price packs are available :
||5 credits||10 EUR
||20 credits||30 EUR
||60 credits||65 EUR
||160 credits||125 EUR
The advertisements with PREMIUM option = the advertisements appear randomly on Home page and on Watchchrono Magazine page, cost 2 credits and will not be automatically republished.
WATCHCHRONO accepts the following methods of payment :
- Visa / Eurocard / Mastercard
- American Express
WATCHCHRONO reserves the right to modify its policy regarding the prices of its services at any time.
In the case of a reduction of the latter, these modifications will be effective as from when they are active on the site.
Unless otherwise stipulated, our prices are shown in Euros (EUR) and including taxes.
2.2 Invoicing set-prices
You agree to accept WATCHCHRONO invoices for these set-prices by e-mail.
To receive a paper version of your invoice, please contact the WATCHCHRONO team in the "Contact us" heading. Your invoice will then be sent by post to the most recent address you have given WATCHCHRONO.
WATCHCHRONO frees itself of all responsibility for taxes and rights on transactions carried out on its site.
3. WATCHCHRONO's responsibility
3.1 WATCHCHRONO is a service provider
The products are never the property of WATCHCHRONO.
WATCHCHRONO hosts the contents of the advertisement on-lined by sellers (text, photos, etc.). WATCHCHRONO does not intervene in any way in the transaction between sellers and buyers. Consequently, it exercises no control over the quality, reliability or conformity with the laws and regulations of the listed objects, the veracity and exactness in the on-lined advertisements, the seller's capacity to sell the aforementioned property or services neither the buyer's capacity to pay the aforementioned property or services.
3.2 Relationships between the parties
WATCHCHRONO and the user are independent parties, each acting in their name and for themselves.
As it is difficult to authenticate users on the Internet, WATCHCHRONO cannot held responsible for the identity supplied by each user, for no matter what reason or cause.
These General Conditions create no link of subordination, mandate, joint-venture company, joint enterprise, employer / employee or franchiser / franchisee relationship between WATCHCHRONO and the user.
3.3 Rights to lawsuits
These General Conditions are exclusively governed and interpreted by Monegasque law, excluding all others.
Monegasque tribunals are the only ones having the competence to pronounce on all the lawsuits likely to arise between the parties relating to the execution of these general conditions.
3.4 Irresponsibility clause
As WATCHCHRONO does not intervene in transactions between sellers and buyers, its responsibility cannot be implicated (as well as that of its manager, agents and employees) in the case of a lawsuit between several users lodging complaints, and any damage present or future, presumed or not, recorded or not, resulting directly or indirectly from these complaints.
3.5 Limitation of responsibility
WATCHCHRONO cannot be held responsible for any loss or alteration of data, any loss of profit, sales, opportunity, time, or any indirect damage, that the aforementioned loss or damage is due to negligence, or any other cause.
3.6 Limitation of guarantee
WATCHCHRONO proposes the site and services that are attached to it in working order.
Consequently, WATCHCHRONO excludes, within legal limits, every guarantee, including any non-infringement guarantee.
The user accepts to defend and compensate WATCHCHRONO (including legal fees), managing agents, administrators, agents and employees against any demand or complaint carried out by a third party, caused or resulting from a violation on your behalf of these General Conditions, or from a violation on its behalf of any law or right of these third parties.
4. Ethical code
4.1 Compliance with the law
The user undertakes to respect the laws, regulations and standards or every kind that are in force relating to the use of WATCHCHRONO's services, putting on the market, purchasing, and requests for the sales or purchases of objects.
4.2 Fraudulent acts
Without excluding other means of recourse, WATCHCHRONO can suspend or close, either temporarily or permanently, access to its services to any user:
- If it turns out that (following a sentence, transaction, or police enquiry, from an insurance company or a third party for notably confiscation) the user is engaged in fraudulent activities in contact with the site.
- If the user violates all or part of these General Conditions.
- If WATCHCHRONO estimates that the user's activities are likely to implicate the responsibiliy of WATCHCHRONO or those of any other user.
Buyers and sellers cannot tamper with the prices of objects, nor interfere with the advertisements or transactions of other users.
4.4 Personal or professional information
The term "Personal Information" refers to all the information, names and address that the user supplied at the time of his subscription on the site, in every advertisement and e-mail message. The user is the only one responsible for "Personal or professional information" that he puts on the site. WATCHCHRONO only plays a passive intermediary role.
4.4.1 Quality of Personal Information
"Personal or professional information":
- Must not be false, vague or deceptive.
- Must not be fraudulent or involve the sales of counterfeit or stolen objects.
- Must not undermine royalties, patents, registered brand names, manufacturing secrets, and royalties for intellectual property.
- Must not break any Monegasque law or regulation.
- Must not have obscene or paedophilic contents.
- Must not contain any virus, or any other computer software aimed at damaging or secretly intercepting any computer system, data or nominative information.
- Must in no way involve WATCHCHRONO's responsibility.
- Must not propose property or services or contain direct or indirect hypertext links to other sites.
- Must not propose any property or services prohibited by these WATCHCHRONO General Conditions.
- Must not list any object on the site (nor conclude any transaction by using the WATCHCHRONO site) that would lead WATCHCHRONO to break some law or regulation.
4.4.2 Site integrity
The user accepts to never use software or manual processes to copy Internet pages or to record or collect information on these pages without the prior written consent from WATCHCHRONO.
The user accepts to not use devices or software of any kind to disrupt or attempt to disrupt the site's good running.
The user accepts to not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create by-product works or divulge to the public all or part of the contents of our site without the prior and written consent from WATCHCHRONO or that of concerned third parties.
5. Various stipulations
- WATCHCHRONO does not guarantee that the functioning of our services will not be interrupted, exempt from any error and always perfectly secure.
- WATCHCHRONO cannot be held responsible for any lack of its obligations under these General Conditions, for any cause escaping its control and / or resulting from case of force majeure. Acts of God will consist notably of, other than cases recognised by jurisprudence, all natural catastrophes, all acts of war, attacks on public order, epidemics, fires, floods and other disasters, all government acts, all strikes, lock-outs, as well as any external electrical and technical problems preventing communications.
- In the event that one or several methods appearing in the General Conditions are considered illegal, non-invocable or inapplicable by a legal decision, the other General Condition stipulations will remain in force, on the condition that the contract's general economy is not upset.
- Users accept that the rights and obligations stemming from these General Conditions as well as all the documents that are incorporated in it by reference could freely and rightfully be handed over to a third party by WATCHCHRONO in the case of merger or acquisition.
- The titles of the different articles appearing in these General Conditions are purely indicative and do not necessarily determine the contents of the articles to which they refer.
- WATCHCHRONO's tolerance for a user or third party not respecting these General Conditions will not alter any of our rights and acts against any other similar and / or subsequent non-respect.
- WATCHCHRONO does not approve of or validate transactions carried out on its site, and only the user accepts the responsibility concerning the legality of his activities in relation to the applicable law.
- WATCHCHRONO accepts no responsibility relating to any possible dangerousness or defectiveness of objects for put up for sale on the site, capable of affecting health or physical integrity. The onus is on each user to verify that purchased objects are fully authorised for selling and purchasing in accordance with the applicable law.
- These General Conditions, accompanied with documents incorporated by reference, make up the entire agreement concluded between the parties.